For Immediate Release
January 18, 2019
Meeker Memorial Hospital & Clinics implements hospital visitor restrictions
1/17/19 — Litchfield Minn. — Meeker Memorial Hospital & Clinics (MMHC) has implemented visitor restrictions to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses for the safety of patients. Due to the prevalence of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and influenza (FLU) this season, to further protect patients, staff and the community from its spread, it has been decided to implement Visitor Restrictions at MMHC; the following are in effect until further notice:
- It is recommended that no children visit hospital patients.
- Birth Center: No one under 18 is allowed to visit at this time, with the exception of siblings.
- For anyone with symptoms like scratchy throat, fever, cough, body aches, etc., a mask is required to visit patients.
- All visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer prior to and after visitation.
- There are “hygiene” kiosks with masks and hand sanitizer located in the center of the lobby and in the hall on 3rdFloor between the Inpatient and Behavioral Health inpatient units.
- Area residents are encouraged to follow prevention strategies: receive annual influenza vaccination, hand washing with soap and water, covering your cough, and staying home when sick. For more information for prevention strategies go to:
Birth Center restrictions are in place for prevalence of RSV and have been expanded to all patient care areas in the hospital, effective immediately due to the prevalence of FLU, and are subject to change.
“By restricting visitors, we can help protect patients and others who are most susceptible to contracting respiratory illness and influenza,” says Kari Olson, Infection Control Nurse. “We realize this may cause inconvenience for some people, but we are taking this step in the best interest of the health of our patients, visitors and staff members.”
Hospitals and other health care organizations are reporting significant increases in patients testing positive for influenza and others presenting in clinics, urgent care settings and emergency departments with flu-like symptoms.
“Everyone can make a difference to help reduce the spread of influenza and other illness by taking a few simple steps, including regularly washing your hands, covering your cough, staying home if you are sick and contacting your health care provider before going to a clinic or emergency department if you have flu-like symptoms,” says Olson. For further information and resources go to: FLU.gov
Meeker Memorial Hospital & Clinics is committed to providing – Care as it should be.
Meeker Memorial Hospital & Clinics (MMHC) is a 35-bed, county owned, critical access hospital located in Litchfield, MN. The hospital facility has private inpatient rooms, obstetrical suites, 10-bed regional senior behavioral health, 24-hour emergency department, surgical suites and diagnostic services plus
rehabilitation services, oncology and infusion services, wound/ostomy/continence nursing services and specialty clinics conveniently located in the hospital to better serve patients. Meeker Memorial Clinic in Dassel, Litchfield and Specialty Clinic services are backed by some of the regions finest medical staff and specialists. Visit Meeker Memorial at: meekermemorial.org
Leave a reply →